Pets for Patriots Partnership
Potter League for Animals has partnered with a national nonprofit, “Pets for Patriots,” to help U.S. military veterans adopt the pet of their dreams.
Pets for Patriots aims to get harder-to-adopt pets out of shelters while offering free memberships to U.S. veterans and incentives to help them care for their new pet. The organization has a network of shelters that their members can use to find their perfect pet, and they pre-screen members before they visit shelters to make sure they’ll be good pet parents.
Every Pets for Patriots member who adopts an eligible shelter pet receives the following:
- 25% Adoption Fee Discount
- 50% off dog training classes, playgroups, private sessions
- Ongoing discounted veterinary care through partner vets
- Post-adoption follow up calls for a minimum of six months.
Adoption Fee Includes:
- Basic veterinary exam
- Behavior assessment
- Age-appropriate vaccinations
- Flea/tick preventative
- Heartworm preventative
- Heartworm test
- Microchip for permanent identification
- Pet ID tag and registration
- Pet food
- Discounted dog training, free month of crate rental, 30 days of free pet insurance.
To be eligible for a Pets for Patriots adoption, a shelter pet must meet only one of the following criteria:
- Be at least two years old
- Have a special need such as a disability/medical condition
- Weigh more than 40 lbs. at time of adoption
- Dog or cat homeless for 6 months or more
To learn more about the program or to apply, please visit www.petsforpatriots.org.