Be Kind to Animals Week
The Potter League for Animals hosts an annual “Be Kind to Animals Week” Poster Contest! Each year posters are designed around different themes promoting kindness and compassion towards animals. The competition is open to grades 2 through 12 as part of Be Kind to Animals Week, the first full week in May.
Poster Contest 2017 Themes
Choose the Right Pet for You
Different types of pets require varying levels of commitment, from a low- maintenance goldfish to the high energy Australian Shepard. Winning entries will display how people should research the needs of the pet they are considering before they adopt.
Protect Our Wildlife
Protecting wildlife can be as simple as picking up litter when we see it and disposing of it properly to joining the movement to ban plastic bags. The level of involvement is a personal choice, but one that every human needs to make to insure the safety and well-being of wild animals. Winning entries will display how people can choose to protect wildlife.
Winning entries will display the best way for people to show their love and respect for wild animals.
The deadline for entry will be Friday, April 14th. We wanted to notify you in advance for planning purposes. Prizes will be awarded to students at an event at the Potter League for Animals during Be Kind to Animals Week. Winners will be notified in advance.
ENTRY RULES – Open to 2nd through 12th Grade
1. Poster size must be 17 inches x 11 inches.
2. Poster theme MUST be quoted on poster: Choose the Right Pet for You or Protect Our Wildlife
3. Any traditional media-marker, paint, ink, colored pencil, or crayon-no photographs or computer art please.
4. Must be original-no tracing, clip art, or aided entries.
5. No collaborative entries.
6. Deadline is Friday, April 14thth.
7. Tape a copy of form to the back of each entry. The form MUST be filled out completely for the poster to be entered-do not write contact information directly on poster.
Bring to our adoption center at:
87 Oliphant Lane
Middletown, RI 02842
or Mail to:
P.O. Box 412
Newport, RI 02840
Posters will be judged based on appearance, creativity, and demonstration of the theme. Winners will be chosen for each theme in 3 age groups: gr. 2 - 4; gr. 5 - 8, & gr. 9 - 12. Winners and their families will be invited to an awards ceremony at the Potter League during "Be Kind to Animals Week"- the first full week in May. Winners will receive a ribbon, award certificate, and Potter League memorabilia. Winning Posters will be displayed in the Potter League adoption center until August 2017.